Saturday, January 3, 2009

Nike Pro Poster


In the latest issue of Eastbay Magazine, this poster was inserted...and as you can see, it's now hanging on my wall. No, I'm not 12 years old, but when I was 12, 13, 14, and 15, 16, 17 and 18, I taped nice posters (usually sports posters) on my bedroom wall. However, when I was younger I didn't understand the aspects of composition, and balance, and all of those other properties of design. And this poster really caught my eye in that way, and reaffirmed a piece of advice my girlfriend gave me a while ago. I think I'm pretty good with designing, but when it comes to designing ads, I have this preconception of what an ad should look. So the advice that my girlfriend gave me was to design an ad as if it was a poster; you're still going to be using an image, logo, and headline, but just organize it in a way more like a poster...and it won't feel so "addy". It's funny that this poster is advertising a Nike compression shirt, but when you look at it, it doesn't seem like.

1 comment:

Sartorially Savvy said...

I wonder what the untreated proof of this shot looks like...