Tuesday, January 6, 2009

January 5th

January 5th seemed like the real beginning of this new year. Monday already is a hated day, but I think it is even more so when students realize their break is over and must return back to school, the few of us that are employed must return back to work, and those who aren't employed realize they can't sleep until 2pm anymore because more optimistic job applications and emails need to be filled and sent out.

Yesterday I returned back to New York after spending 2 and a half weeks in Detroit, and already I feel different. People are speaking faster, driving faster, and being more rude. I'm not in control of the vehicle that aid my transportation anymore. Instead, I've been demoted to, both, back seats with tv screens to entertain me until I get to my destination, and hard-plastic blue seats and voices that say "stand clear of the closing doors". However, it's not as if I never experienced fast speaking, rude people, or the auto-tuned voices on a train, New York is just like I left it. I saw the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button yesterday, and Brad, I mean Benjamin had this to say about home: The funny thing about home is, furniture is still in the same place, things still smell the same and look the same, and then you realize it isn't home that changed, it's me that changed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FREE ONLINE TV, MOVIES, MUSIC, VIRTUAL WORLDS, GOOD GAMES, AND FREE COLLEGE EDUCATIONS @ INTERNETSURFSHACK.COM