Friday, June 6, 2008

Just looking

Lately I've actually had the time to sit back, look at photo albums of my family, and just think about life. 

It's amazing thinking about the different stages of my life: pre-school, kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, high school, college, and now "the real world".

When I look at photos of myself back in elementary school and middle school, I just think "J, you didn't know anything. I mean you knew a little, but not as much as you thought." And then I see the middle school pictures, and I think to myself, "J, you didn't know anything. I mean you were at a good knowledge base for that age, but you didn't know as much as you thought." And now, which is so crazy to me, I see pictures of me in high school, and I think, "J, you didn't know anything, definitely not as much as you thought, but, you had a good head on your shoulders." Soon I'll be able to say how much I didn't know while I was in college, but I'm still fresh out, so for now I can tell you how much I know and how smart I am.

I think it's good to observe and analyze yourself on a regular bases; it helps us realize the things that we're doing, and it gives us the opportunity to impress our future selves.

No comments: