Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bill Withers-Still Bill

Tonight I had the privilege of seeing this film at the IFC Center. This movie was more than a biography or a documentary of the life and times of Bill Withers. It was about being who you are–as naturally and as authentically as possible. Because that's what makes us as human beings special.

Bill Withers was in attendance for the Q&A session after the movie, and he was as charismatic in person as he was in the film. As I was taking my post-movie restroom visit, I saw him walking, and he said, "Hey I know you", and went on to say he thought I was Gary Matthews Jr. (a baseball player in the MLB), because of my height and the baseball hat I had on.

If you get a chance, go check it out. Here's the information that you'll need.

No comments: