Sunday, May 11, 2008

You gotta eat "defeat" for breakfast

Lately I've been having my portfolio reviewed by a lot of creatives in the advertising industry, and I've been getting some pretty good feedback, but I haven't landed a for sure job yet. I know that things like this don't come easily, but it's definitely frustrating. There's no way I'm giving up though. My brother Kamau told me one time, "If you're scared to take a punch, you'll never win a fight." I think Rocky said that too, in Rocky 10. Seriously though, I know challenges, obstacles, and speed bumps get thrown our way, but we have to keep pushing and take those punches. In the bible, Galatians 6:7 reads, "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."

If we've been sowing good seed on good ground, we need to keep fighting so we can be around to reap the benefits of the harvest.

No comments: